Re: [taste-users] asn1scc/tinyAsn1 and X.509

Hi again,

On 09/27/2012 04:03 PM, Maxime Perrotin wrote:
> Sure, here it is:
>
> http://www.semantix.gr/asn1scc2/asn1Comp.tar.gz
>
> We will release the source code (and documentation) a bit later on, when
> it is finalized.

That's great, thanks.

> In the meantime please feel free to ask if you need help to set it up
> and use it. And if you have comments or suggestions, don't hesitate.

The official ITU-T X.509 ASN.1 specification found at [1] (under "Formal
description(s)") does not use the problematic construct (ANY DEFINED
BY). The compilation still fails with the following error:

$ mono asn1.exe -Ada AuthenticationFramework.asn
File AuthenticationFramework.asn, line 52:24 no viable alternative at
character '&'

It seems that the TYPE-IDENTIFIER information object class (specified in
X.681, [2]) is not supported by asn1scc.

Is there a way to work around this issue or do you think compiling the
X.509 specs requires enhancements to the asn1scc tool?

Thanks again for you help.

Best regards,
Adrian

[1] - http://www.itu.int/ITU-T/recommendations/rec.aspx?id=9590