[taste-users] asn1scc/tinyAsn1 and X.509

Hello,

First of I am not sure if this is the right place to ask for help. If
not please, be so kind to point me to the correct mailing list or person.

We are trying to compile the X.509 ASN.1 specification contained in RFC
5280, appendix A [1] using asn1scc downloaded from [2]. We extracted the
ASN.1 specification from the RFC using the crfc2asn1.pl script from the
asn1c project [3].

We tried the following command to generate Ada code from the spec:

$ mono asn1.exe -Ada rfc5280-PKIX1Explicit88.asn1
File rfc5280-PKIX1Explicit88.asn1, line 446:33 missing R_BRACKET at
'DEFINED'

The asn1c compiler is able to generate C code from the same
specification without a problem.

I also tried to generate Ada code from the RFC 3280 ASN.1 specification
rfc3280-PKIX1Explicit88.asn1, which is part of the asn1scc source
tarball [4] in the directory tinyAsn1/tc. A similar error is issued:

$ mono asn1.exe -Ada rfc3280-PKIX1Explicit88.asn1
File rfc3280-PKIX1Explicit88.asn1, line 351:33 missing R_BRACKET at
'DEFINED'

It seems that the expression "ANY DEFINED BY foo" is unknown to asn1scc,
which leads to this error.

Was asn1scc/tinyAsn1 able to successfully process this test case in the
past?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,
Adrian