Re: [taste-users] DMT-ToolsAndManual-Linux-120222 Execution Requirements?

Hello Leonard,

A quick way to fix any dependency issues you have is to download the TASTE VM - a virtual machine based on Debian Linux, that can be executed under VMWARE Player or VirtualBox. It contains all the dependencies necessary for all the TASTE tools (not just the DMT). It is available from here:

    http://download.tuxfamily.org/taste/taste-vm.tar.gz

Inside it you will find documentation, all the tools, desktop shortcuts, tutorials, FAQs, etc. The link above is always accessible via http://semantix.gr/assert/downloads.html where you can read some additional information about configuration of the VM (network and proxy settings, etc).

If however, you prefer to create your own build environment - based on CentOS - then we can try to do this, too; but I will need detailed error reports so we can figure out exactly what breaks and why.

1. What (exact) version of CentOS are you using?
2. "The Python does not seem to execute" - can you provide the exact error you are seeing? What tool did you try to run? asn2dataModel? aadl2glueC? What command line arguments did you use?
3. Any version of Mono after 2.8 should work fine - check the CentOS repositories to see if they have a ready-made RPM package. To be honest, I don't have a lot of experience with CentOS - but Googling for "mono centos" I see a number of articles about installing mono, so I am hoping it won't be too much of a problem.

You can also contact me directly over phone (see my signature below) or preferably, Skype (account name: "ttsiodras", voice/instant messages) - I'll be happy to assist you in any way I can.

Kind regards,
Thanassis.
Thanassis Tsiodras, Dr.-Ing.
Semantix Information Technologies
email: ttsiodras@xxxxxxxxxxx
web  : http://www.semantix.gr
phone: (+30)2106412065
fax  : (+30)2106412068
addr.: K Tsaldari 62, 11476, Athens, GREECE