[SliTaz] Setting up 64 bit environment on the Tank

Hi there,

I would be very glad to hear a few words about my question here.

I've prepared several packages with x86_64 architecture on my laptop.
Output of `uname -a` here is:
Linux slitaz 3.2.98-slitaz64 #2 SMP Wed Jan 10 16:00:19 CET 2018
x86_64 GNU/Linux
An important note: everything worked fine even before I upgraded the
kernel to a 64-bit version.

Now I decided that it was time to deploy the 64-bit environment to the
Tank server using the generated packages. But after the creation of
the chroot I was in for a failure.

==========
# tazdev-ng -c /home/slitaz/next64/chroot/

Mounting virtual filesystems...                                      [ Done ]
Chrooting to: /home/slitaz/next64/chroot/

chroot: can't execute '/bin/sh': Exec format error

Unmounting virtual filesystems...                                    [ Done ]
==========

(/usr/bin/tazdev-ng is updated version of existing tazdev.)

/bin/sh is the symlink to /bin/busybox and `readelf -h
/path/to/that/busybox` return relevant information. But can not start
it.

I'm pretty sure that it's all about the old kernel on the server.
(Based on ethical considerations, I will not say the number.)
Chroot isn't virtual machine, it uses existing kernel. And looks like
it unable to run 64-bit executables on 64-bit chroot using 64-bit
capable CPU.

cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep lm | head -n1
.. . .

Eric, Pascal, can I hope that the existing kernel will be updated?

Perhaps I have something wrong tuned? And it's not with the kernel at all?

Best regards,