Re: Polish language in SliTaz - translations

Hi, Pawel!
You gave me too much work. I hope I can handle with it in the coming days. I like it when people translate SliTaz into their native language.

I am using Poedit, and poedit when i updated .po with new POT commented with # all old not used translations strings, and i wondering its a good idea to remove they ? Meybe be better if they stay commented and when something again will change in .pot poedit will auto use these old not used translations ?

No, it's not a good idea. Translations moved permanently, here they do not appear (but they appear elsewhere).

Now .mo files from this translation .po are not compatible with Slitaz 4.0

Yes, because we work for future ;)
But you still can use your old mo file for SliTaz 4.0.

I see that you added also a polish "prular" strings to .po, so i will be adding it on every translated file, not only when there are needed by poedit.

This line was added automatically when running msginit, when I created the Polish po from the pot. In fact, you're right. If you do not use the plural, the line only increases the file size (po and mo), without giving any benefit.

So TazPanel old "Package" part was moved to TazPkg - and there is a big question - .pot files prom i18n are now also updated ready to translate ?? I have now more than half of it translated....

No, the TazPkg pot file is not ready for translation. Today I moved the existing translations from TazPanel to TazPkg, but the work is far from complete. As far as I remember, the existing lines remained in the new file, and the new lines are added. All available translations will not disappear, but they will want to review.

Meantime therea are links to more translations:

I'll look into it immediately on completion of the work with TazPkg.

So i am working now on SSFS and TazPkg.

So, we will continue.