Re: Slitaz vs DSL

> +1 with Brenton

DSL is old, SliTaz use latest open source technology. When we did 1.0
the DSL maintainer stopped DSL, forked SliTaz and started Tinycore.

SliTaz is based on any distro, we are a real community project with open
code repositories, centralized and radicaly simple packages format à la
BSD (one file with all info to build and pack an application), try to
build a .deb or .rmp and you you fel the difference. We are the smallest
and uncluttered modern distro and the only one with a full features GTK
or QT desktop under 40 Mb. SliTaz provide also a rock solid server
starting under 10MB.

SliTaz is speak your language, we provide full support for
internationalisation with 8 preinstalled languages and ~30 keyborads.

SliTaz use Xorg and no more the Tiny Xserver Xvesa. Xvesa is even no
more in xorg-server source. If we stick to Xvesa we, in time we will be
dangerously out-of-date. Tht waht also append to DSL, sticking to 2.4.x
kernel killed them. SliTaz also got many many users requests to have a
working Xorg DRI/GLX out-of-the-box and we listen to users.

We have light version of Xorg and if someone is whiling to try
to repackage old Xvesa using old Xorg source and code script to make it
work, why not. Using Yvesa mean screen, mouse, etc config from the
command line while Xorg autoconfigure it self :-)

And finally, SliTaz is now multi arch! I have setup a full ARM cooker
and our cross toolchain is getting better and better each day. The goal
is to be able to boot SliTaz on tablets and other low resource ARM
machines.