Re: Rolling 20120324 - Xorg fix again

2012/03/25, Christophe Lincoln:

>Hi Aleksej,

Hi Christophe!

>> I have no wifi, nor ethernet, only 3g modem (cdma) and gprs/edge
>> modem. ...

Actually, I don't have _internet_connection_ via wifi or eth.
We have corporate wifi at my work and I can discover, it works.

>Wich packages exactly do you need to add to core to get your 3g modem
>working ?

Right now I take experiment. I need only:
* xplc
* wvstreams
* wvdial
* gnome-ppp (optional)
It takes 578 (or 612) KB for me to download, it's too small, it's nothing ;)

Now I can connect to the internet both via:
* gprs/edge modem on my Vivaz smartphone (and on all semi-modern
  mobile phones);
* 3g usb-modem CCU-550 (3G 1x EV-DO standard)
  for people.net.ua operator (cdma)

>> Resume: I will NOT use brand newest SliTaz 4.0 without full XOrg and
>> Intel video driver included.
>
>Ok thanks! I realy need people taking position on that and SliTaz
>always try to listen to users needs. So we will keep full Xorg :-)

Sorry my expression!
It's looks for my like degradation of current SliTaz version.
I'm too lazy to deal with new version (but without video), while I have
working pretty one with all inclusive.
No no no, I'm not say goodbye to SliTaz ;) I'm just using rolling core.

---------
2012/3/25, tom <kult-ex@xxxxxx>:

> I think, it would be good to add sakis 3G, but its broken

As described at http://wiki.sakis3g.org/wiki/index.php?title=Sakis3G_problems
"Connecting with an operator using CDMA is not yet possible."
So I'm not tested sakis at all. But people says that it's wonderful.
I can configure wvdial.conf by hands, but what can I say about newbies?
When I'll have more free time, I'll deal with sakis.

By the way, I wrote this all from SliTaz LiveUSB, Midori, wvdial and friends ;)

--
Lexeii