Re: Rolling 20120324 - Xorg fix again

On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 22:22:37 +0100, Christophe Lincoln wrote:

>To anser Tom, yes we could go back to a ncurses lang/kmap config but I would
>prefer a GTK configs via tazbox.

It's not a big problem, because we choose the locale and layout only once.
In addition, one can specify them in the kernel line, then the need for these
dialogs will disappear in general.

>As suggested by Mojo, we could go back to a simple Xorg and Vesa drivers
>without DRI, the nv and intel driver. Any opposition ?

Please keep yourself against this step. For SliTaz 3.0 I put a lot of effort
to get it to work on my netbook. SliTaz 4.0 works out-of-a-box. Actually, I
can't catch all these ISOs, that appears last days. I have try only :

* slitaz-4.0-RC3.iso -- I can't start 4-in-1 from usb-flash prepared by
  Unetbootin;
* slitaz-core.iso (from iso/rolling) -- wow, it's almost candy! ;)

I have no wifi, nor ethernet, only 3g modem (cdma) and gprs/edge modem.
I'll have to download a new standard ISO, the package wvdial, decide in my head
all of its dependencies, download them; boot SliTaz without X (Vesa not works),
install wvdial etc, configure video to download my intel video driver, etc. etc.

Resume: I will NOT use brand newest SliTaz 4.0 without full XOrg and Intel
video driver included.

As a bugreport for rolling/core (from 2012-Mar-19 05:31:13):

1. Russian keyboard layout not swithes from Ctrl+Shift (and any other) keys, I
   can only add applet to LXPanel and switch kb layout from here.

2. Holded key not repeats, but CPU loads 100%.

So far that's all.

My hardware: Acer Aspire One netbook
Processor: 2x Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N270   @ 1.60GHz
Memory: 1012MB
Display resolution: 1024x600 pixels
OpenGL Renderer: Mesa DRI Intel(R) 945GME GEM 20100330 DEVELOPMENT x86/MMX/SSE2
Audio Adapter: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel

--
Lexeii