Re: 4.0 or not ? Cookiso, website, doc

MDickie: What that error means is that the version of glibc that SliTaz
3 is using is lower than the required version needed by the latest
Chrome build. SliTaz 4's glibc version is above the needed version so
Chrome should run perfectly fine. Just make sure you have CUPS
installed and running.

Ikem: Please stop trying to force (unneeded) changes you wish to see in
SliTaz on this mailing list, bug list and forum. If you wish to see
these changes, develop them yourself then show us the code. Otherwise
your suggestions are of no benefit to this list at all.

To all those with a problem with sponsorships: Have you every read the
GNU GPL license? I mean really read it and not just guess what it means.
The cliff note version: It gives you the right to copy, modify, share,
distribute and SELL the software in anyway you wish provided you share
the source code free of charge of any alterations you make. You see,
the GPL allows us to sell and sponsor SliTaz and it's Endorsed by GNU,
which invented the concept of Free Software. I agree, the term Free
Software is confusing, but it means Free, as in Freedom or Libre and
not Free, in Free of Charge. Servers and web hosts cost money.
Developers have families to support. A project like this has large
overhead. What is wrong with asking for donations and sponsorships?
What is wrong with making a pro version? Fedora does it with it's Red
Hat release? Hell, even Ubuntu charges for training and expert
support. Exactly. There is nothing wrong with it. I'm surprised Gok
which is such a big Libre and Security supporter is against GoGoDuck.
It's a secure and non-tracking search engine! And they give SliTaz some
income to pay for our servers. It's a win-win situation and the user
can easily change the search engine if they want. I also don't see any
problem with developers being paid to do support or custom software.
The guys that make Busybox does it. Ubuntu does it. Hell, all the
commercial Linuxes does it. And you can still get them for Free.
Really, give me one good reason why you're against it.