Re: 4.0 or not ? Cookiso, website, doc

Hi Mojo,

> This is normal, no reason to change tazx.
> /etc/init.d/system.sh
> Line 90 =>tazbox boot
> Starts xorg-server before
> Line 135=> tazx config-xorg 2>/var/log/xorg.configure.log
> fi
> If xorg-server is able to auto-configure screen 0 when it's started
> by Line 90 When tazx runs X -configure it fails because xorg-server
> has screen 0 running When X -configure fails there is no xorg.conf.new

So I added the so unfamous Xorg bug with my gui boxes at boot :-/ What
a shame but what a incredible you are and a amazing feedback you do
her. Thanks!

But we must fix tazx and I guess a simple killall Xorg && rm
-f /tmp/.X*-lock

> This results in these files being blank:
> 10-ServerLayout
> 20-Files
> 30-Module
> 40-evdev
> 40-keyboard
> 50-Monitor
> 60-Device
> 70-Screen.conf
>
> /var/log/xorg.configure.log :
> Fatal server error:
> Server is already active for display 1
> 	If this server is no longer running, remove /tmp/.X1-lock
> 	and start again.
> sed: /root/xorg.conf.new: No such file or directory
> sed: /root/xorg.conf.new: No such file or directory
> sed: /root/xorg.conf.new: No such file or directory
> sed: /root/xorg.conf.new: No such file or directory
> sed: /root/xorg.conf.new: No such file or directory
> sed: /root/xorg.conf.new: No such file or directory
> rm: can't remove '/root/xorg.conf.new': No such file or directory

Quiet clear... Did you get thes message from SliTaz boot log ?

> Testing with 4.0-RC3 20120316 4in1 rolling iso :

This is real hardware testing!

> My recommendation is go back to xorg-server-light , which does not
> have libdrm,linux-drm as depends, omit the dri stuff, but leave
> xorg-xf86-video-{intel nv ati} drivers.

Yep but this is why I added drm/dri, xorg-xf86-video-{intel nv ati}
drivers needs libdrm to build. So no drm = only vesa or/and fbdev. I
did xorg-light for LiveCD so yes I would also use it. On my Toshiba
Mobile 945GM/GMS, 943/940GML vesa is slincy slower. Is is fine on your
machines ?

> Unless someone is able to get the xfce flavor to boot on hardware
> please remove it from the mirrors.

+1 The maintainer should fix or remove it. Erjo ???