Re: unsubscribe

On Fri, 13 May 2011 18:43:47 +0200
Christophe Lincoln <pankso@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This i a good idea, already tried in the past but why not try again if
> you take care of the all thing (bot and announce on scn/forum to
> spread the world). Last time we fixed wedsday 21 PM if I remember
> well. But keep in mind not everyone can/want/feel confortable to
> come, they might also be a differnece with ages, I mean IRC is also,
> say "for young folks" no ?

IRC is actually for the old ;) - The young folks wants something
'easier' like IM or facebook. We could probably use freenode's webchat
to make it easier for people that don't want to use an IRC client.

> Yep ok I will try to write more extensive doc and coding style. But
> look the tazwok thing. If I'm clear and want people to follow SliTaz
> guideline it' break inovation, should I have stop them from the start
> because the code was too complicate for slitaz ? Or do must make a
> place for this king of work in the project. Leaving some freedom is
> important I think, it make emerge cool stuff like Godan source DVD or
> Tiny SliTaz.

Why can't we have both? Take the subversion (and git) way of thinking.
We can have a main trunk and branches. We can discuss what goes and is
expected from the main trunk and we can also branch away and do our own
things. At the moment, the trunk isn't really focused on and we have a
whole lot of branches. Clarity of what is desired, expected and wanted
shouldn't stifle creativity. It's only purpose is so that we all know
what is expected of us and so we don't make common or unwanted mistakes.