Re: Cookutils - What is going to make tank special as ed again

Le Fri, 6 May 2011 08:54:43 +0000,
Christopher Rogers <slaxemulator@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> The new cookutils i found on tank server is going to make tank
> special like ed again. Me and GoKhlaYeh worked hard on tazwok and now
> since pankso doesn't get it or can debug it he is make a fork that is
> more in line with the older tazwok and tazbb. Some things need to
> happened if cookutils is to every be used
>
> 1) Logs have to be same has in tazwok. Error messages are not has
> clear as with tazwok.
>
> 2) cooker needs to build everything from scratch like tazwok does. If
> it can't do that don't put on tank. You will just break the packages
> or have bugs/depends will happened that wouldn't happen with tazwok.
>
> 3) Wok is depend on tazwok. So if you use cookutils you will need to
> make a wok-cookutils repo. No reverse in wok can happen that will
> break it with tazwok. Otherwise we will have to do number 2 anyways.

Of course, that what you did when you start working with
tazwok-experimental ?

> Please understand that I'm mad at you for making this and not
> learning from tazwok. All i can see you doing it reverse writing
> tazwok to become cookutils. And that best thing i can hope for to do
> with cookutils. (Of cause you will then fork it again cause you will
> not understand it).
>
>  Just make sure this will work on tank and home users. If tank and
> home users cookutils work different or the build packages don't have
> same depends then cookutils will fail what i have in mind.
>
> We need tank to be build for home users and developers. What your
> doing will break that idea. Don't make tank have become some magic
> box again where things are build differently then on home systems.

WE need ?

I don't need to rebuild everything from scratch.
I don't want to have a buildhost at home.
I just need a simple tool for cooking  and maintainded packages.

Tank is A magic box where everythings must build smoothly.
If my package didn't build properly on Tank or
contain useless dependences, not a problem.
I am starting again and I worked on, that's my pleasure.
I do not need or want that Tazwok guess what i wanted to do.

> PS Sorry for the rant. But i need to get it out.

PS: I don't need to have a fast car. Just one that can bring me where i
want to go. One where i can change the wheel without being a kind of
super guru...