Re: Why cookutils and no 4.0 yet

>  I think gawk broke tazwok gen-wok-db. This is cause you (pankso)
> added gawk to glibc. This was not added directly to it before. The
> gawk had depends glibc-base and build depends gcc. But cause
> glibc-base is declared in gawk it cause depend loop.

Or maybe because YOU changed glibc receipt and the way tazwok work and
as usuall no one know you did that and why. Gawk is not installed in
base system because it is not the standard on most SliTaz system,
Busybox awk is the standard, package should use gawk only if Busybox awk
is missing features.

Gawk is in Glibc 3.0 build deps and was always used.

THIS is a distro design, a choice from the start: use Busybox as main
GNU coreutils and tools and adapte our scripts or packages to work with
busybox.

> I will have to remove gawk depends and build depends. I believe we can
> remove this with causing problems only cause if you don't have
> glibc-base install on your system your screwed anyway.

Are you sure... without glibc-base your system is unusable and broken,
glibc-base is part of all slitaz system. DONT REMOVE gawk from glibc
build deps: modify tazwok to follow distro standards.