Re: Depends and build depends in receipt

Based on what i read the ordering in linuxfromscratch has zlib build after glibc anyway. See this in III Building the LFS system.

linux-headers
glibc
re-adjusting the toolchain
zlib

Glibc is not listed/build a third time based on the table of contents. Here is my cooklist that cook-toolchain will see:

linux-api-headers
glibc
zlib
binutils
gmp
elfutils
mpfr
mpc-library
gcc
gdbm
db
perl
ncurses
bzip2
readline
pkg-config
m4
libpthread-stubs
bison
autoconf
make
flex
automake
uclibc-cross-compiler-i486
slitaz-base-files
pam
libtool
gettext
busybox
gawk
bash
lzma
patch
libtaz
tazpkg
texinfo
tazwok

This is based on adding $SLITAZ_TOOLCHAIN and $SLITAZ_TOOLCHAIN_EXTRA to a file then tazwok gen-cooklist file > cooklist. Thats how i got this list. Remember this is based off of my-wok with my cooking branch. Thats why gawk is not first.

I know you will say that the cooklist is screw up for have stuff like uclibc-cross-compiler-i486 it when its not needed. The cooklist is basing everything on $DEPENDS/$BUILD_DEPENDS to make the list. No wanted packages are added to cook list since cooking the wanted on a clean system will still need to build the main package. Since there will be nothing to copy for wanted package with the main one being build.

I hope you understand that the cook list is in the right order based on the LFS table of contents. Even if it has a bunch of stuff you question that shouldn't be build.

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 3:07 PM, Christophe Lincoln <pankso@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Maybe a --repack option would be a bad idea to get around the repack
> problem with --getsrc.

Ok I will do that.

> NOTE: To me tazdev is for the REAL tank. It shouldn't have anything
> like chroot or recompress or purging in it. That should be in
> cookutils and chroot should be handle by tazchroot. Thats why tazwok
> purges and recompresses sources on its own without a tazdev. Again
> tazdev is for REAL tank like uploading stuff to your mirror.

Nope, for tank we have slitaz-forge/tank and Tazdev is also for other
contributor who work with chroot. Also the push-get commnds let people
have a local copy of all package and sync them.

> I found the reason why zlib is after glibc. Its cause zlib has glibc
> as a build depend assign. Tazwok orders it based on what is a build
> depend to who. gawk is first cause its a depend of glibc. The
> cookorder.txt goes in alphabetical order based what is depended on
> who.

I know, that is what a was tring to explain you. It dont change that the
order is not a LFS/clean build since a packages like zlib should be
linked with the new glibc of the freshly builded toolchain because
usong to build all other packages.