Re: Depends and build depends in receipt

I have a question about the recompressing sources with tazdev.

How i'm i going to be able to just run one line command for downloading and recompressing the source? This was the reason we have tazwok get-src package. It will download the source if it doesn't exist and recompress it.

I still think its better for tank resources to do this when you get the newer sources instead of doing it in bulk. It could take a very long time doing it that way.

Also i have a library that i'm working on so we can at least at the option to use tazwok depends check for cookutils.

https://bitbucket.org/godane/my-cookutils/changeset/2873f2b2384b

Changes the wok variable to point to your wok. Then put this in a tmp folder and type ./libcookorder gen-wok-db. This will create the wok-depends.txt and wok-wanted.txt and cookorder.txt. The cookorder.txt takes the longest to make.

Even if we can't use this code for tazwok cook-toolchain we can still use it to make it easier to make custom source dvd. This will allow us to know what depends are needed to rebuild everything and to make custom wok's for the custom source dvd too. NOTE: we will still have the full wok repos on disk. We will just copy out the folders needed for building everything.

I really like cookutils but i want it to meet both of are needs with out use fighting each other or folking if its possible.

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 9:57 PM, Christopher Rogers <slaxemulator@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I just compile gcc on its own. So i can compile gcc separatly based on the older receipt with tazwok.

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 6:36 PM, Christophe Lincoln <pankso@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Made libobjc so you don't have to install gcc for gnustep packages to
> work. This commit is so gnustep packages don't need gcc to be
> installed. https://bitbucket.org/godane/my-wok/changeset/34166bef69ea

Cool! And a good example why must be able to rebuild gcc separatly.
Also for glibc is's usefull since we may modify/add language pack.

This one you can push to repo if you want.