Re: Depends and build depends in receipt

I was compile with tazwok cook-toolchain earlier today and it broke. Looks like tazwok doesn't like to compile toolchain when gawk is first in cookorder.txt. So i have no choice but to fork now.

Also i got to the part where it was making packages for toolchain. So i was still doing better then what tank did for you pankso.

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 9:59 PM, Christophe Lincoln <pankso@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  One thing I found while writing receipts - sometimes software needs
> only -dev, and sometimes only base package.
>  So automatically installing -dev is not needed.
>  +1

Wich package dont need the main *.so but only -dev package ?

Lookin again to many receipt we have redudency and I think we can say
they is implicit build deps. Maybe a few package would not need that
but most needs it:

if dep  : libusb
implicit: libusb-dev

But if you persit ok... but we will need to have:

DEPENDS="libusb"
BUILD_DEPENDS="libusb libusb-dev"

Keep in mind we handle installing/removing build deps when compiling so
we can keep a clean chroot and dont mess with unwanted deps. So every
receipt must have a correct *DEPENDS. Before is was ok to forgot the
main lib in BUILD_* because the tazbb/chroot was full, now we build in
a minimal environment.