Re: [slaxemulator@xxxxxxxxx: Tank needs a physical reboot]

On Wed, 09 Feb 2011 19:10:49 +0000
Paul Issott <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi, I've had to think long and hard about editing some of these docs in
> http://doc.slitaz.org/en:devnotes:start (but like the others I don't see
> the point of having: 2 woks, 2 tazwoks, 2 scratchbooks, etc)? It only
> creates confusion and nobody knows exactly what they're supposed to
> doing.

Hi,

I created devnotes for information which only concern current cooking,
it should be merged into doc at next release and still there for next
cooking. I was thinking that we can't put on main handook/cookbook
information only true for cooking, and erase stable doc. I initially
created it to push docs about new version of xorg-server, which have a
different behavior and configuration than the one into stable.

2 woks: we don't have two woks anymore, it seems that it's precisely
the problem; some peoples are currently working a lot to disolve this
problem.
2 tazwoks: I don't need so much time to finalize the one I'm currently
maintain (tazwok-experimental) and push it as "tazwok"
2 scratchbooks: The "real" scratchbook is about how SliTaz was created
and nobody seems to want to update it to make it match current
available version of packages, so I watch it like a precious historic
book: it contains some valuable information :)
So, I think that even if someone update it, we should keep this one as
it is for this reason.

The second scratch"book" I'm preparing is about how to compile
partial/whole SliTaz repository from scratch. I think it can be usefull
for contributors/hackers, it's also a way to explain how
tazwok-experimental works and a way to satisfy peoples asking for an
up-to-date scratchbook. Note that it's not really a book at this time,
and it focus on something quite different than "real" scratchbook (both
in methodology and goal). The fact is, when I'm not writing doc,
I'm improving the scripts, making doc obsolete. I'm currently working
hard on both tasks to make a release of scripts/docs really consistent.

--
GoKhlaYeh <gokhlayeh@xxxxxxxxxx>