Re: Just wondering..

> I must also say that in some case I dont write things because of my poor English.

This is such a chronic problem, especially with those who speak French
or Russian, it seems.  I can't translate, and unfortunately
translation engines are not so good, but I would be happy to help with
editing the English (with or without the help of Google Translate).

A news section on the site is a good idea, but I don't think it could
be easily automated... perhaps just a couple of links to the current
state of the walk and the issues tracker on that page.  At that, the
issues tracker is an issue of it's own.  When I first got involved
with this project (cooking 2.0), I was upset that I'd filed so many
reports and nothing seemed to be done about them.  But then, when 3.0
came out, every issue I'd reported had been fixed.  Perhaps we can
eliminate the status column and just remove the report from the list
once it's fixed?  That way, it would just be a list of current, open
bugs.

That being said, I wonder if it's a good idea to generate a new
cooking iso once a month so that these fixes can be more readily
available to users -- and to keep recent isos available for download
(the reason for this is because of problems like we had when we
upgraded the kernel).  As for the news section, I think it would
greatly benefit the project to have a short progress report every week
or two covering major changes, current needs, and so on...

Overall, the only other reason the project might look dead to
newcomers is that much of the information is outdated.  Slitaz has
evolved a great deal, and with each new announcement of a liveCD we
get quite a few distro hoppers and tourists.  If the project looks
more active, we may draw a lot more help from the community.

Oh, but now that I've written all that, I see the new front page of
slitaz.org and it looks great!  It has the "Latest News" and I've just
found the monthly newsletter... perhaps nothing needs to be done,
after all.