Re: Flattr

Reading the Terms of Service closely, it's only available for U.S.
residents, and against the ToS to access the account from outside the
country - this may include members of group accounts.  It also seems
apparent that this is just a prepaid credit card offered for purposes
of data mining:
"To help the government fight terrorism and money laundering
activities, WePay obtains, verifies, and sometimes stores personal
information." -- https://www.wepay.com/about/terms
I don't see how this is any better than PayPal.