Re: Tank hosting

On Fri, 10 Dec 2010 17:22:07 -0500
guilbault frederic <fredericguilbault@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> hi,
>  If you got an official hosting request with requirement. I can ask to a autonomus (fr:auto-gerer), non-profit webhost and drupal devloper group.
>  they are realy nice people.
> Let see what they have to offer
>
> http://www.koumbit.org/en
>
> xfred

Hi all,

I sended a mail yesterday to the http://seaccp.org/ team - I copy it at the end of this one. It's a server colocation service for activists group (it includes free software providers) and it's a non-profit one provided by the riseup team. I asked them two things : how much will cost something like tank with this service ? can they redirect me to other good non-profit solution ?

Here's the answer :
> Hi,
>
> You would be a good fit for SeaCCP and I can answer your questions, but you
> might also consider contacting the Oregon State University Open Source Lab
>
> http://osuosl.org/
>
> because yours is the type of project that they might be willing to host for
> free. If they aren't let me know and I can answer your questions.
>
> Good luck,

I'm looking to communities who use the OSUOSL services and I must admit that it's pretty impressive : http://osuosl.org/services/hosting/communities#77

So we can ask them for a virtual machine for free. Here's the mail I originally sended to SeaCPP; It contains the current tank specifications, so I suppose it's at least what we need. As we plan to add ARM-architecture support to SliTaz and as the project seems growing in audience, we will probably need more in the future but I'm not able to speculate on this point. So if someone can say/confirm what we really need, please do it.

Original mail to SeaCPP :

--
GoKhlaYeh <gokhlayeh@xxxxxxxxxx>