Slitaz in classroom

I am a teacher of computer science, and for a few years I ask my students to buy an USB key on which they put the 2 Linux liveOSes I have prepared for them. Installing is automatic and each key has builtin the ability to replicate.

One of the liveOS is Ubuntu the other was Slax and will be SliTaz ( Ubuntu is uneasy for netboot and too fat to be copied in RAM, which is a feature I use very often when a student has forgotten his USB key).

New to SliTaz I ask some advice about what I would like to achieve.

The first day I receive new students, they all arrive with a virgin USB key. Each computer is started by pxe with SliTaz Loram-ram (so easy, I think I don't need advice about this point ).
After one hour of practice I ask them to fill their USB key.

My question is: with which tools (as SliTaz is concerned). There are so many tools that it is not easy to pick the better suited. I understand that all tools need access to an iso. I think I will provided one with only isolinux/ and bzImage, embedded in rootfs. If embedding is too hard, I will provide it via http.

After some years of experience I think it is very important that students be able to customize their own keys, and I found that SliTaz makes that very easy to a newbie.

Any suggestions ?

Ph.L