Re: strange caracters in leafpad

Thomas --
I think you have tripped across a new bug.  The last time I used
leafpad to edit a file, I also got strange characters for the first
few.  No doubt the fix is simple, but I don't know what's causing the
problem... yet.

Paul --
We have been discussing the /etc/group problem on IRC.  What's
happening is that slitaz-base-files has only a few entries, all the
ones below 1000, except for haldaemon and messagebus which are created
correctly.  Then, the post_install section of the udev receipt scans
the /etc/udev/rules.d folder and adds and GROUP entries it might
need... but it starts at 1000 and counts up.  This has been an issue
with both the sakura problem (that regular users can't get a prompt)
and the tazx problem (that tux becomes GID 1008, instead of 1000) --
both have been fixed, at least temporarily, but something does still
need to be done about /etc/group, in general.  Still, I don't think
this has anything to do with leafpad's strange behavior.