Re: Cooking vs. stable

On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 15:34:35 -0300
Martín Cigorraga <martosurf7600@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 2010/9/26 Martín Cigorraga <martosurf7600@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> > Hi guys, I'm new to SliTaz, the little BIG distro!
> >
> > I'm about to download SliTaz and want to know in a nutshell how stable
> > Cooking is,
> > I plan to start learning SliTaz ways and use it as my pendrive distro - and
> > of course
> > give back all I can to community.
> >
> > Regards!
> >
> > --
> > "There's a fine line between / living a life and living alive" / Less Than
> > Jake
> >

> No one knows!?
>

> --
> "There's a fine line between / living a life and living alive" / Less Than
> Jake

Hard to answer : cooking can be stable during month or can be broken during month. Nobody can know how stable it will be in future. Maybe the hardest part is behind : toolchain and some important base packages have been updated. I don't know if something like update them a second time is planned, I don't think so. Except if there's some problem with an eventual kernel/busybox update, the probability of breaking entirely core cooking is low. With cooking you will experience some breakage in some apps : at this moment all seems to run fine in core cooking, except midori because libwebkit doesn't compile.

If you intend to contribute in SliTaz, using cooking is the better thing you can do.

--
GoKhlaYeh <gokhlayeh@xxxxxxxxxx>