Re: New Package: git-gui

Le Tue, 15 Jun 2010 10:48:05 +0100,
Ben Arnold <iamseawolf@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> Hi all --
Hi,

> I use the Git version control system over Mercurial (just personal
> preference, it was the first I was introduced to and have no need to
> move away as yet) but SliTaz hasn't a GUI for it (yes, laugh all you
> want) so I've packaged the Tk/Tcl-based git-gui.
>
> I'm not too sure as to the process as this is my first package
> offering to SliTaz; it doesn't need compiling as it's merely a bunch
> of Tcl scripts, so would this reciept for 'tazwok' be okay?

Some improvement can be done.
If you have write access you can put it in wok-undigest.
The gtk-update-icon-cache failed for me:
[code]
  - Updating icons... gtk-update-icon-cache: No theme index file. done.
[/code]

> I have tested the generated package (0) on a v3 stable LiveCD and a
> couple of other SliTaz installs successfully so have put the wok
> directory (1) and the receipt (2) in a public folder in my DropBox
> for your perusal. It has some 'stuff' along with a symlink (which
> will need to be updated with each version, but that can be sorted
> later I think).
>

> (As a side note, I have spent the past couple of days trying to
> compile Pino, an multi-account, identi.ca & Twitter client, but,
> after finding dependency after dependency, it turns out the version
> of GTK+ & the Vala language compiler on Stable isn't high enough!
> I'll check what's in Cooking and see if it will be happy there.)

Yes check it for the cooking. Only security or bug fix update will be
done in stable repository.

> Cheers,
> Ben
Cheers,