Re: security team?

Thank you very much. I'm very sick today, but as soon as I can concentrate I'll get things started. I'd love to get this going :)

Jesse

On Wed, 8 Apr 2009, Christophe Lincoln wrote:

Hello all!

Hi,

I really enjoy using SliTaz.  The combination of excellent packaging
tools and an elegant design makes it the perfect distro for me to
tweak and mess around with.  However, I have an idea that might
improve the distro.  I think that it would be awesome to have a
security page on SliTaz Labs and a security response team to maintain
it.  When one of the packages in the SliTaz repos released a security
update, a team member would add an issue to the Labs page and start to
work on packaging the patched version.  The patched package could be
put online in a seperate space until the package maintainer had time
to look at and approve it.

A realy, realy good initiative! We tried to do our best for 1.0 and the
450 packages, but now with ~1400, we need a security maintainer and
team.

I would be happy to start this and start getting things patched.  This
seems like a really good way to keep SliTaz safe from preventable
security issues.

What are your thoughts?

If you ok, I will create a new project on the Labs (sub-project of
distro), with default settings. You just have to create an account on
the Labs to be able configure and manage the security project.

Jesse Lehman

Welcome in the project,