Re: security team?

> Hello all!

Hi,

> I really enjoy using SliTaz.  The combination of excellent packaging
> tools and an elegant design makes it the perfect distro for me to
> tweak and mess around with.  However, I have an idea that might
> improve the distro.  I think that it would be awesome to have a
> security page on SliTaz Labs and a security response team to maintain
> it.  When one of the packages in the SliTaz repos released a security
> update, a team member would add an issue to the Labs page and start to
> work on packaging the patched version.  The patched package could be
> put online in a seperate space until the package maintainer had time
> to look at and approve it.

A realy, realy good initiative! We tried to do our best for 1.0 and the
450 packages, but now with ~1400, we need a security maintainer and
team.

> I would be happy to start this and start getting things patched.  This
> seems like a really good way to keep SliTaz safe from preventable
> security issues.
>
> What are your thoughts?

If you ok, I will create a new project on the Labs (sub-project of
distro), with default settings. You just have to create an account on
the Labs to be able configure and manage the security project.

> Jesse Lehman

Welcome in the project,