Re: somewhat corrected reciept packg: xfsprogs

hey,
it does work--in that it created an XFS filesystem on a partition, and i was able to manually install slitaz-cooking on it. Also it successfully changed filesystem parameters and options when it was possible. So, looks like the package is working.
However, i could not boot from it (kernel panic---can't mount filesystem.). Looks like it was looking for the rightsize of ramd but couldn't find. Maybe it needs some boot options on ramd size. I wouldn't know if such boot options exist in grub shell. Will check. Can you think of anything  ELSE that it might be missing ? because it says, "ooh i tried fat and ext2/3 (and one other, i forget), but could not mount!" On the other hand, it was easily mounted from my current slitaz system.
regards.

|Hi,
|
|> a somehwat corrected version.
|> i tried actually compiling the pacakge, and it seems it will also
|> need the package "libtool". also couple of other minor corrections.
|
|This package archive have a fancy name (pkg_2.XX) but the directory is
|name is standard, so we need to modify TARBALL and rename the source
|tree with mv. I also add --sbindir=/sbin to install mkfs.xfs in /sbin
|like mkfs.ext3.
|
|I can imagine that using Mercurial and push the receipt your self in
|the repo is a bit to much for a noob. So I suggest you maintain the
|package and send updated receipt on the list when a new version is
|available upstream. For now, I will push the package for you, if one
|day you want to write access to the repos, please just ask.
|
|Before the xfsprogs goes in the packages repository, it would be a good
|thing to test it (corrected receipt is attached):
|
|# wget \
|  http://mirror.slitaz.org/packages/undigest/xfsprogs-2.9.8-1.tazpkg
|# tazpkg install xfsprogs-2.9.8-1.tazpkg

|- Christophe

---
SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list.
Web site : http://www.slitaz.org/