[Sawfish] Re: Sawfish popup menu key binding?

Robert.Zenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (2018-12-09 at 2152.47 +0100):
> That *might* (big one, I'm just guessing) a limitation of GTK+ which is
> used to create to the popup menu. I'm not sure whether GTK+ supports
> such key bindings inside their popup menus. You should check that out
> first.

GTK2 Emacs bindings support C-n/C-p, so it can be done, using that
keyboard theme or copying the relevant parts.

---8<---
binding "gtk-emacs-menu"
{
  bind "<ctrl>n" { "move-current" (next) }
  bind "<ctrl>p" { "move-current" (prev) }
  bind "<ctrl>f" { "move-current" (child) }
  bind "<ctrl>b" { "move-current" (parent) }
}
class "GtkMenuShell" binding "gtk-emacs-menu"
--->8---

> On Sun, 09 Dec 2018 13:51:56 +0100 (CET)
> Petter Gustad <sawfish@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to customize the key binding in the popup menus?
> >
> > I've written this function which I'm using to popup a menu of window
> > names of certain types:
> >
> > (defun popup-menu-of (pred)
> >   "make popup windows of a certain type"
> >   (popup-menu
> >    (mapcar #'(lambda (w)
> >                (list (window-name w)
> >                      (lambda ()
> >                        (uniconify-window w)
> >                        (x-raise-window w)
> >                        (set-input-focus w))))
> >            (filter pred (managed-windows)))))
> >
> > I can then use the arrow keys to select the entry I want.
> >
> > But I would like to use C-n and C-p rather than the arrow keys. How
> > can I bind different keys to the popup-menu?
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Best regards
> > //Petter

Cheers,