|Re: [Sawfish] wayland support?|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/sawfish Archives
- To: sawfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [Sawfish] wayland support?
- From: Christopher Roy Bratusek <nano@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2016 18:19:07 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=jpberlin.de; h= content-transfer-encoding:content-type:content-type:in-reply-to :mime-version:user-agent:date:date:message-id:from:from :references:subject:subject:received:received; s=mail20140220; t=1482513548; bh=CHl/Ern4CiC0OEPRcoMK8NLaFXAQwJh9b4bjHJRRRHs=; b= lnIKWx5eR1ki3ax1D2fjipH66ahpbePcEJVHLmXyBh9KIoeDS8epswANh3RdoPsE a/TLtAo2CwH7R79NwzD0UP+50lBlOU9zz1WlLeYXi+zmfIzUYNCk0pz4vtIQh0O1 g66Ztto/+Q+sKa96R2J2GkWEC//5/PCbb9N4MzJVfXgBF0PXUBuWnBlxMHZaLG5+ 7qyULxkeYD+VjFVoDnMi8/u8wcqWNNUDp7dd24Uc4zyp6d3RcwSOvvfH7gdX6uYV E4OJlE+AoebX1mojk/Kho2j+uXGY+IvsorSwgcYvs68bDssGNb+2m726CKhqkMCu F/Ghwf19paNELLr4SfG66EzOM07fRREB/DfH7wQSsNJ6liS2rOqPdaUPbIgqtqnq PLqbgoVhjIuU9LXY7Ql/QmZJ58VimtaCIbTmU2HaSXZ/8FMi++bap+BTr17R6DlI qy5CMsag+j7ME9UKsd8Gw2PDFQL5K40cRt6Dss1s8YbRGQpxOv//+v6w2aRBo6Eq LVJOsySwcQVYVxbJzSwtLdTXdqQDU7qp0i6/D7yB0j5VD894VfA4RHrkVI/9AFmJ K6k0xrowN9WII7OqxR5zKfcT39IFJNaS2b5wrWTsreeDmca56hWC01xEGiXAB36N uzgLixaeRLFTdDghQK1TrL3xd9ulVZPmwMtZkjg6UGw=
to put it plainly: there are no such plans. As Robby Zenz already said X
isn't going anywhere, soon. Also we do not have enough man power or free
On 23.12.2016 00:23, Trevor Cordes wrote:
> Maybe this has been asked already, but I can't find it on google
> Is work being done on making a "sawfish for wayland"? Since wayland
> doesn't access wm's like X does, it looks like "wm-like" things have to
> be rewritten and merged somehow into wayland.
> It sounds like enlightenment is already working in wayland, so I
> suppose it is possible.
> Please tell me we'll have sawfish for wayland? With the amount of
> customization I've done in sawfish during the last decade my
> productivity will go into the dumps if I have to throw it all away,
> especially if the replacements (enlightenment) can reproduce the same
> It looks like with Fedora 25 defaulting to wayland that in about 7-8
> months when F24 goes EOL I'll be forced into wayland whether I like it
> or not. Even if (?) F25 allows you to switch to X (not X in wayland,
> but pure X-only), all the desktop apps will start to be developed and
> maintained with wayland in mind. That means even if I can stick with
> X for a couple of Fedora revs, the X versions of things will get
> buggier and no one on bz will care. Kind of like the 32-bit kernel
> If anyone has some insights into these things, I'd love to hear them!
> Anything to keep my hopes up. -- Signed: a happy X user that sees
> absolutely no value-add for wayland in his happy 2D-only sawfish life.