|Re: [Sawfish] Re: Sawfish on Debian|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/sawfish Archives
- To: Jose M Calhariz <jose.calhariz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Sawfish] Re: Sawfish on Debian
- From: Mario Domenech Goulart <mario.goulart@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2015 21:54:11 +0000
- Cc: sawfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, nano@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=from:to:cc:subject:references:date:in-reply-to:message-id :user-agent:mime-version:content-type; bh=F3YDGU/9/Mj3N52BSPi02Iry06Fsi7pLp6S96wc6xd8=; b=i+v2IINwduYMXfc5J6IDnbFeB9+mBXelEGLZVnA2aptk7fMkoWGTX9V8t/i68ynjgf S4tRvgULzQiNgIlaRasUGqzvhvVq9uvHlXEyWb+ylB+jWCimZOtlpP3AD+MO3ngVZTXX S1XwJ0I/qGoYAZnMwi5wLzeV0oAwe204Jx1ZptQGAwNAnYfPNa5VwX1V4XiKFTREz6/E 2Wa6qnB3PJvjHoGwVB6BiApgs7YGWmVSxMckOL8EkhF3atjoZXMbcgiqWZvogYfNaq3k ZsCgYhPiiF1KuFjYX+FGF7dBvPmGLwPsiiuRjgeBAEXteLl5UsMWTEA0Adv6d4ERH9nm uzOA==
On Sat, 22 Aug 2015 12:07:49 +0100 Jose M Calhariz <jose.calhariz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 08:31:46PM +0200, Christopher Roy Bratusek wrote:
>> On 13.05.2015 16:44, Mario Domenech Goulart wrote:
>> > The most recent Sawfish version available on Debian is 1.5.3, as far as
>> > I can tell.
>> It's like this, and thus the same on *buntu btw.
>> > Is there anything blocking newer versions?
>> There's no maintainer for Sawfish in Debian.
> I intend to maintain sawfish. I am a long time user of sawfish,
> because it can mimics the layout of windows buttons of OS X. I am a
> long time user of Debian and package maintainer for some years. I am
> not a Debian Developer, but I have a sponsor. Someone that reviews my
> work and upload it to Debian.
Ah, that's very nice!
> The sawfish version in Debian is old but still very usable. That's a
> good sign about the quality of the code.
>> > Christopher: can't your packages be submitted to the official Debian
>> > repos?
>> I would have to read more into the debian packaging stuff, build
>> packages for god knows what architectures. But first I'd need to
>> apply to some mentor-programme, before they would go public... I
>> don't feel like doing this. But you may post a request on Debian IRC
>> or MailingList, perhaps there's someone who'll take over
>> librep/rep-gtk/sawfish/sawfish-pager/ssd (not available at all).
> I have prepared new packages for librep, rep-gtk and sawfish.
> Currently I am waiting for my sponsor to review the work and upload it
> to experimental.
> If there is interest I can upload somewhere else the packages so you
> can do a preview of what will be included in Debian.
If it is going to hit experimental, I can wait.
One thing that bothers me is the issue described in
Because of that issue I've been running a locally patched sawfish. As
far as I know, working around that issue without patching sawfish is not