|Re: [Sawfish] CSD and hyperactive window resizing|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/sawfish Archives
- To: sawfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [Sawfish] CSD and hyperactive window resizing
- From: Allin Cottrell <cottrell@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 16:39:07 -0400 (EDT)
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=wfu.edu; s=google; h=date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:message-id:references:user-agent :mime-version:content-type; bh=Jyc7KWGKDLbHiWj8ikpOGNkhmLTfoM2PP+ncf4U3eGE=; b=fj7LRWSiwtDbYBRgLcPts7oJvYPkxAOGnJfe16GIhs1UGNIHlkF4NUwZ54To1bfY/m TKwaXrFX7WEa0g0WQU7BuICL2lniRZJlUWjWXngMwLSc1XaLyzFqLaJ6/HT/h0/EO2Vk CCUERw5OI7kh58KZsu7lwyYeuqwtpLJlArzQE=
Good question. But I just tried backing up then removing my
~/.sawfishrc and ~/.sawfish/custom and it didn't affect the CSD
On Mon, 27 Jul 2015, Robert 'Bobby' Zenz wrote:
Can you exclude that this might be a configuration mishap in your
Sawfish? Can you retry with a "default" configuration?
On Mon, 27 Jul 2015 14:46:11 -0400 (EDT) Allin Cottrell
I run current Sawfish (with Xfce, but I prefer sawfish to xfwm4) on
I'm seeing something very annoying with GTK applications that use the
new-style gnomish client-side decorations.
For the most part these applications work OK (earlier "teething"
problems such as doubled title bars having been resolved) but here's
the remaining annoyance: these programs (evince is my paradigm case,
but probably just because I use it much more than the others) want to
resize themselves at the drop of a hat.
If I go into evince with the mouse -- aiming to move the program by
its title bar, to click a button, to click a "twisty" to navigate the
left-hand contents pane, or to select some text -- some high
percentage of the time it goes into "resize-me" mode: any further
mouse motion resizes the window, until I click somewhere, being very
careful to avoid any motion in the click.
I've tried running xfwm4 in place of sawfish and this nasty behavior
doesn't occur, so it seems to be a sawfish-specific problem. Any
ideas on how to fix it? Thanks in advance.