[Sawfish] CSD and hyperactive window resizing

Hello all,

I run current Sawfish (with Xfce, but I prefer sawfish to xfwm4) on ARCH Linux.

I'm seeing something very annoying with GTK applications that use the new-style gnomish client-side decorations.

For the most part these applications work OK (earlier "teething" problems such as doubled title bars having been resolved) but here's the remaining annoyance: these programs (evince is my paradigm case, but probably just because I use it much more than the others) want to resize themselves at the drop of a hat.

If I go into evince with the mouse -- aiming to move the program by its title bar, to click a button, to click a "twisty" to navigate the left-hand contents pane, or to select some text -- some high percentage of the time it goes into "resize-me" mode: any further mouse motion resizes the window, until I click somewhere, being very careful to avoid any motion in the click.

I've tried running xfwm4 in place of sawfish and this nasty behavior doesn't occur, so it seems to be a sawfish-specific problem. Any ideas on how to fix it? Thanks in advance.

--
Allin Cottrell
Department of Economics