|[Sawfish] CSD and hyperactive window resizing|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/sawfish Archives
- To: sawfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [Sawfish] CSD and hyperactive window resizing
- From: Allin Cottrell <cottrell@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 14:46:11 -0400 (EDT)
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=wfu.edu; s=google; h=date:from:to:subject:message-id:user-agent:mime-version :content-type; bh=JaGMZTSibhSSTVZ1WRoHpUlLxWxX/8CkHrf95g3FAr0=; b=B/gj+YN9fYsZxiBXwRj94g/zH2Ub8UQLt9l96A5eOy/QQ04kLViw0cq4WUkbDP6haW Hg0OKZPTDrJTgn8JIlJ8zkzDYx8Xgkl0nmP5jhDxPfFAWLe6HblqUuz2A5z2LBwKSlt2 QX7mCPpqrZoxhu4ONmJcyIx5QXUjd5bqXc7RM=
I run current Sawfish (with Xfce, but I prefer sawfish to xfwm4) on
I'm seeing something very annoying with GTK applications that use the
new-style gnomish client-side decorations.
For the most part these applications work OK (earlier "teething"
problems such as doubled title bars having been resolved) but here's
the remaining annoyance: these programs (evince is my paradigm case,
but probably just because I use it much more than the others) want to
resize themselves at the drop of a hat.
If I go into evince with the mouse -- aiming to move the program by
its title bar, to click a button, to click a "twisty" to navigate the
left-hand contents pane, or to select some text -- some high
percentage of the time it goes into "resize-me" mode: any further
mouse motion resizes the window, until I click somewhere, being very
careful to avoid any motion in the click.
I've tried running xfwm4 in place of sawfish and this nasty behavior
doesn't occur, so it seems to be a sawfish-specific problem. Any ideas
on how to fix it? Thanks in advance.
Department of Economics
Wake Forest University, NC