Re: [Sawfish] About librep and rep-gtk beng installed in different trees

Hi,

well it's not meant rep-gtk to be installed somewhere else than
librep, though it's actually possible, if you use the latest git
snapshot of librep. As Brett said  librep.pc must be inside
PKG_CONFIG_PATH, else configure won't find it. when proceed installing
rep-gtk with ./configure --prefix=/i/dont/know and so on.

You may have to fiddle around with PKG_CONFIG_PATH for sawfish once
again, as it requires both librep and rep-gtk.

Also you need to ensure that rep-gtk and librep can both be loaded
properly, eg. using
REP_LOAD_PATH=/where/ever/sawfish/share/sawfish/lisp and
REP_DL_LOAD_PATH=/where/ever/librep/lib/rep:/where/ever/rep-gtk/lib/rep as
fitting to your installation.

You may have a look at GuiX GNU distro or Gobo Linux, they use the
same approach for packages to be isolated from each other.

Regards,
Chris