Re: [Sawfish] Sawfish Desktop

On Sat, Aug 30, 2014 at 6:10 PM, fuchur <flohtransporter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> exec $WINDOW_MANATER & mate-session $@
>                  ^

Oh no!  How embarrassing!  Thanks.  It makes me wonder how it worked
at all.  Maybe it is enough that WINDOW_MANAGER is set?  Maybe also
related, if I start the plain MATE session it now starts sawfish
instead of marco so maybe I've done something to set sawfish in my
prior attempts at making this work.  I did set at one point:

$ gsettings list-recursively|grep -i sawfish
org.mate.session.required-components windowmanager 'sawfish'

Since I was using git head, I just built the current release of
sawfish (10.1) and corresponding rep into Debian packages and also
fixed my typo:

$ cat /usr/bin/sawfish-mate-session
#!/bin/sh
export WINDOW_MANAGER="/usr/bin/sawfish"
exec sawfish & mate-session $@

"which sawfish" returns /usr/bin/sawfish

Same behavior.  Sawfish starts immediately, then a long delay for
MATE's panel to show up.  And, still the odd inability to resize
mate-terminal interactively.

-Brett.