Re: [Sawfish] Sawfish Desktop

On Fri, 29 Aug 2014 11:15:15 -0400
wrote Brett Viren <brett.viren@xxxxxxxxx>:

>And, echoing Bobby
>in that not having a way to start MATE+Sawfish from the DM which is on
>par with how one starts MATE+Marco is basically a show stopper for new
>users.  I've recently tried (again) to figure this out for myself how
>to do it but was (again) left bewildered how to do it properly.  If we
>could get this kind of MATE (and LXDE and XFCE) integration into
>Sawfish's installation from git then maybe it would help Sawfish
>become a "first class" alternatives in those DE worlds.  If anyone has
>some guidance for me on how to do it for MATE I'll give another go at
>it and provide a patch.

Here i have add Sawfish/Mate, Sawfish/Kde and Sawfish/Xfce to my
DMs and tested it in Debian and Gentoo with a new and a old user, and it
works.

1. Add sawfish-kde.desktop, sawfish-mate.desktop and
sawfish-xfce.desktop from this mail in /usr/share/xsessions/

2. chmod 644 sawfish-kde.desktop sawfish-mate.desktop and
sawfish-xfce.desktop

3. Add sawfish-kde-session, sawfish-mate-session and
sawfish-xfce-session from this mail in /usr/bin/

4. chmod 755 sawfish-kde-session sawfish-mate-session and
sawfish-xfce-session

5. Restart your DM and test it.

Comments/Patches are welcome.

--
Regards,
Fuchur

GPG Fingerprint: CA3B 8204 5B3E 6D48 6D53  C116 E5BC 70D5 B8D7 B2B0