Re: [Sawfish] Sawfish Desktop

On Sat, Aug 30, 2014 at 2:50 PM, fuchur <flohtransporter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Here i have add Sawfish/Mate, Sawfish/Kde and Sawfish/Xfce to my
> DMs and tested it in Debian and Gentoo with a new and a old user, and it
> works.

Thanks!

I tried the Sawfish/Mate pair.  It mostly works but a few strange things:

 - there is a longish delay between Sawfish starting and the MATE
panel.  Maybe 5-10 seconds.  A minor issue.

 - more troubling is that the mate-terminal can not be interactively
resized!  Neither by grabbing it border or using my key+mouse
bindings.  It can be maximized horizontally/vertically and both.  It
can also be made full screen.  Other apps (xterm, uxterm, Firefox,
Emacs, eom) resize like normal.

I didn't exactly follow your files as I have Sawfish built and
installed into my home area.

bv@hal:~> cat /usr/bin/sawfish-mate-session
#!/bin/sh
export WINDOW_MANAGER="/home/bv/opt/sawfish/bin/sawfish"
exec $WINDOW_MANATER & mate-session $@

This should be okay, right?

-Brett.