|Re: [Sawfish] Sawfish Desktop|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/sawfish Archives
- To: sawfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [Sawfish] Sawfish Desktop
- From: Brett Viren <brett.viren@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2014 17:23:19 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=zGOjy23iwRqHV+MvPncRhDQXO55P4MLvZj3LmWflOkc=; b=ZPDg6yeEiRYFPuu5fNtz/1fzdeoEEHuEY5se6+WRN5sVI5gtSIajNoYOFGGK7GKPX9 VPylSpeAOA3bQULR7rOnwr5TObU/Rp4PVO8M+XCXJUWQf5LPJeP5O/13W24HBINLkQIm +ukmTNUI5PqAzhgIW5IU9ZBgqpUPqnE58+I2MYZe1QJWP6LJPNx7+V5C1JcBvAoymfVT gIscDx2zBLgvbx7XkWIY7pbxLeMvFu2vS/shaP4pMu2pW7//9dMZrq13XJBKGDQERaXZ GEs+FSEYzlbw9dkRiRnKsEfc0wxASr/bE4FMXq0w3n7Q4YoEJeKC4qPQMBfKaasJXi// Uifg==
On Sat, Aug 30, 2014 at 2:50 PM, fuchur <flohtransporter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Here i have add Sawfish/Mate, Sawfish/Kde and Sawfish/Xfce to my
> DMs and tested it in Debian and Gentoo with a new and a old user, and it
I tried the Sawfish/Mate pair. It mostly works but a few strange things:
- there is a longish delay between Sawfish starting and the MATE
panel. Maybe 5-10 seconds. A minor issue.
- more troubling is that the mate-terminal can not be interactively
resized! Neither by grabbing it border or using my key+mouse
bindings. It can be maximized horizontally/vertically and both. It
can also be made full screen. Other apps (xterm, uxterm, Firefox,
Emacs, eom) resize like normal.
I didn't exactly follow your files as I have Sawfish built and
installed into my home area.
bv@hal:~> cat /usr/bin/sawfish-mate-session
exec $WINDOW_MANATER & mate-session $@
This should be okay, right?