Re: [Sawfish] Some issues is Sawfish

On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 3:04 AM, Vladimir Kravets <vova.kravets@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm very sad that there are rumors that project is dead. But I found in it a
> lot of things which is needed to me and BIG THANKS for it to authors of
> Sawfish.
>
> So about the issues:

What I can help with:

> 3. I canot find how I can in my ~/.sawfishrc define some properties for
> specific window match.
> I use now the gui to add WindowRule but some of cases I need to specify it
> in .sawfishrc to have more logic except only chnaging the properties of
> window.

maybe this will help. in this case the matcher is for the class. It
makes the window sticky.

(add-window-matcher '((WM_CLASS . "^class/instance$"))
  '((sticky . t)
    (sticky-viewport . t)))

> 4. How I can add hook to change workspace and e.g show notify using
> libnotify or exec notify-send?

add a hook to enter-workspace-hook

see

http://demonastery.org/2010/10/sawfish-and-emacs-org-mode/

it might help.

you can use (system "command") to execute a command

--
--dmg

---
Daniel M. German