Re: [Sawfish] Lack of time

First of all thanks for all the effort you are putting in to the project.

On 01/10/2013 07:19 AM, Christopher Roy Bratusek wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> hmm... currently there are mostly mid/long-time-tasks that are most
> required.
>
> the most important would be: gtk+3 bindings (and bindings to anything
> else) could be implemented if rep had some FFI-based (foreign functions
> interface) wrapper to access those functions and create a binding, for
> GNOME/GTK+-related stuff GI (GObject Intropsection) could be an
> alternative (rep-gtk is more relevant than rep-qt or rep-whatever).
>
> this is usually the point there someone states what lisp/scheme XYZ
> already has that kind of wrapper or has bindings readily available
> already ;)
>
> another thing (more easy) I couldn't find the time: merging mmc's
> "Sawfish-MMC" into Sawfish. Latest -mmc was rebased for 1.6, so it
> shouldn't be all-to-hard, but very time-consuming. See:
> https://gitorious.org/~mmaruska/sawfish-mirror/mmaruskas-sawfish

Is there some kind of documentation showing what is already merged and
what needs to be.

> other not-so-important stuff:
> - use XCB (or is this already outdated again? but I (still) doubt
> wayland will hit big time) [sawfish]
> - better debugging facilities/more robustness [librep]
> - sawfish can only use imlib1, but rasterman has brought imlib2 for ages
> [sawfish]

I have found a comment by Teika (Teika kazura) dated Saturday 27
November 2010 05:33:57 while searching the maillist in response to your
comment on using imlib2

"Imlib is used to draw images. (Exactly which? Theme png files?)
The alternative configuration choice is gdk-pixbuf which is part of
gtk+2.

It seems to me that since Sawfish needs gtk+, gdk-pixbuf is there,
and it works, so we can drop imlib"

So bringing the topic back to discussion I tend to agree with Teika in
terms of dropping imlib

Togan