|Re: [Sawfish] Sawfish 1.5.3 didn't work on ubuntu 12.10|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/sawfish Archives
- To: sawfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [Sawfish] Sawfish 1.5.3 didn't work on ubuntu 12.10
- From: xfq <xfq.free@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2012 16:49:30 +0800
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=message-id:date:from:user-agent:mime-version:to:subject:references :in-reply-to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=m96SPJ0V/6qix+95hhqOiEJl04xfoV+yclGH3y6WpPU=; b=GYT6FRl5MLtQVKuVugnjz9F81qLKsVVTh+reoV/vZd0yEAv/dpwuVY0lwncB6t7Xkf j/FjpaMG4qlCfbE6uYUDnV4cXq9R4HdYoh3GeAOQMgLuqijb9rW2N8nbjlUPZIOa6RUd xwChUdBRrONASNCB1L+JKAnerCKukQEW2JMxvn+ReRUlOFHOl0cl0rHcjs+JdeqOi063 9obQ7410T5L2wVnkKPJJ/9NERYo101ytnH6F0Frcgxx0X9PuqA6ewWdV3cbklHonkw07 0546NG3MXNx1VGylKAqdxzOSuEynJD/WhPfx7VCns6YKErK45MU2CD4N0bw4Pbdwj4C2 XfQg==
On 11/03/2012 05:42 PM, Christopher Roy Bratusek wrote:
On Saturday 03 November 2012 09:13:00 xfq wrote:
I installed Sawfish(with sudo apt-get install sawfish) but it's not
working. All I see when I start X is the default stipple background: no
programs, no menus, no pager. I've tried middle-click and clicking both
buttons simultaneously, but nothing happened.
I've already read the Sawfish FAQ and user guide, and I've already
searched the Web, but I still cannot solve this problem. I have also
tried to change a mouse, but it didn't make sense.
English is not my native language; please excuse typing errors. Thanks
for your consideration.
Sawfish packages in Ubuntu are ancient (1.5.3, while 1.9.1 is the latest
stable version). It might aswell be that they are packaging wrong version of
rep-gtk with it (Debian once had this problem).
The best choice is to download the sources and install on your own, see:
Can I compile it from GIT?