Re: [Sawfish] Sawfish 1.5.3 didn't work on ubuntu 12.10

On Saturday 03 November 2012 09:13:00 xfq wrote:
> I installed Sawfish(with sudo apt-get install sawfish) but it's not
> working.  All I see when I start X is the default stipple background: no
> programs, no menus, no pager.  I've tried middle-click and clicking both
> buttons simultaneously, but nothing happened.
>
> I've already read the Sawfish FAQ and user guide, and I've already
> searched the Web, but I still cannot solve this problem.  I have also
> tried to change a mouse, but it didn't make sense.
>
> English is not my native language; please excuse typing errors.  Thanks
> for your consideration.

Sawfish packages in Ubuntu are ancient (1.5.3, while 1.9.1 is the latest
stable version). It might aswell be that they are packaging wrong version of
rep-gtk with it (Debian once had this problem).

The best choice is to download the sources and install on your own, see:
http://sawfish.wikia.com/wiki/Compilation_from_source

Regards,
Chris