|Re: [Sawfish] Sawfish 1.5.3 didn't work on ubuntu 12.10|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/sawfish Archives
- To: sawfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [Sawfish] Sawfish 1.5.3 didn't work on ubuntu 12.10
- From: Mogei Wang <mogeiwang@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2012 17:31:06 +0800
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :content-type; bh=21v2roKAWA/RagztFnuhm0+LiFw7X60oICPgXjZLI4s=; b=VRiL6h5/g76v9ioklJt9y2IIBNGyjuhKMMgTnrCYtmbybMFnXLwhzyuwdq7weBhSrj QBwJzFYm6843gUi+CXn4oalmhJXP0LA7GMeX2HV5D5rHkJ5jhTPYeukKRKfGhFOhB9ui C9IThq9PNUS1CIV0l4Y4ILq2Wy/hgainA5gHcVh7y+xrHR5DtoHmY9wbHVUjgdxOaDl9 HrmCVdcxLtT/5ENIbbFZp7W+d03c8SQM+RcLkTjXpQF2GHFVxlwAJs0gHXlp8HwYUE1+ uL308INHRynCV+MfKzLL9JGKWSqtIPmT41vsKnXYvSUgPHuynS5JfiPBNUSnHh4q0To8 4yGQ==
I used sawfish 1.5.3 on ubuntu 12.04 ( lubuntu in detail ) for quite a
few days. It worked well. I think it can run on your machine, too.
Maybe you can try to build a very simple config file ~/.sawfishrc
You can also try to reboot your system, launch the gnome-classic
desktop, then pkill the default window manager, and launch sawfish.
Hope that helps
On Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 9:13 AM, xfq <xfq.free@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I installed Sawfish(with sudo apt-get install sawfish) but it's not working.
> All I see when I start X is the default stipple background: no programs, no
> menus, no pager. I've tried middle-click and clicking both buttons
> simultaneously, but nothing happened.
> I've already read the Sawfish FAQ and user guide, and I've already searched
> the Web, but I still cannot solve this problem. I have also tried to change
> a mouse, but it didn't make sense.
> English is not my native language; please excuse typing errors. Thanks for
> your consideration.
> Sawfish ML