Re: [Sawfish] Re: setting background wallpaper

On Wed, 12 Sep 2012 23:24:24 -0700, prad wrote:
Christopher Roy Bratusek <nano@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Appearance => Wallpaper always appears in
SawfishConfig.

thx chris.
unfortunately, i don't get anything when i go to appearance using button
2.

also, sawfish-ui just gives me a
*** Unbound variable: gtk-preview-new
message and exits right away.

possibly i have an old version since i'm using debian squeeze:
sawfish version 1.3.5.2

--
in friendship,
prad

oh-h. that's not just old... that's ancient. The error seems to be
comming up from incompatible version of rep-gtk and sawfish installed,
as far as I remember librep/rep-gtk got updated in squeeze, while sawfish didn't thuse that problem. SawfishUI ($ sawfish-ui) does not exist anymore, it's now SawfishConfig ($ sawfish-config) with lots of changes in the interface.

Latest version of Sawfish is 1.9.1 (GIT HEAD is/will be 1.9.90)

I'd suggest checking out http://sawfish.wikia.com/ for latest versions,
release notes, instructions for installing are available, too.

Sawfish requires now GTK+ 2.24.0 I don't know the version in squeeze right now, but wheezy got it. All other dependencies are fine in squeeze versions.