Re: [Sawfish] setting background wallpaper

On Wed, 12 Sep 2012 11:04:48 -0700, prad wrote:
what is the easiest way of setting the background in sawfish?
i have gnome installed, but i'm not using it - just running the wm sawfish.

--
in friendship,
prad

Sawfish features a wallpaper module, that allows you to use an external
application (like hsetroot) to be used for setting wallpaper. Sawfish
itself does not have this ability.

The last days I way working on improving the wallpaper module, but I have not yet commited my recent work to the GIT repo. But I'll do this when I'm home. New stuff included more robust image widget for SawfishConfig, option for setting wallpaper everytime sawfish starts and loading the wallpaper module by default, so that Appearance => Wallpaper always appears in SawfishConfig.

Regards,
Chris