Re: [Sawfish] make decorate-transients as defcustom not work

On Thu, 6 Sep 2012 13:02:47 +0200, fuchur wrote:
Hi,

On Thu, 06 Sep 2012 07:35:06 +0200
wrote Christopher Roy Bratusek <nano@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Forget it. StyleTab will never support "decorate-transients". Search
for "transients" in theme.jl and you will see why. And
"decorate-transients" is illogical. If window transient then use
frametyp transient etc.

Correction: Search for "transient" and not Search for "transients"

It doesn't have to. As I said StyleTab already has the option to
customize
stuff for transients. `decorate-transients' is not illogical in all
cases.

There are many themes from the time `decorate-transients' was still in
use
and therefore recognize it, aswell as several themes that don't
decorate
transients at all - then this option gives users atleast the decoration
for
normal windows on transients rather than none.

And then there are themes that do handle transients, but not
customizable as
StyleTab - a user might then want transients to have the same border
than
normal windows.

So yes, it's of no use for StyleTab, but for other themes or usecases.

Regards,
Chris

Yes i understand this but it shouldn't set in transient.jl
`decorate-transients'  is a "defcustom" for a theme in themes.jl (for
me). We use "window-get win 'type) 'transient" or "window-transient-p"
in sawfish but with `decorate-transients' the frame-type from
transients windows is not transients it is default, and that is not
logical (for me). I have no problem with `decorate-transients' in
transient.jl but we got frame errors in tab-themes.

I know what you mean, but there are many themes not customizable that
don't decorate transients at all. Also one might want to use the same
frame for transients than for normal windows.

Technically it does not matter, frame-type is Sawfish internal, it doesn't
how the window is recognized by other stuff. So it's fully work-safe.

I just fixed the defcustom, so it's usable from theme.jl again. Also I didn't experience anything strange with decorate-transients and StyleTab from git.

So there's nothing to do for you. transients.jl does the work.

I'm thinking about a new doc for decorate-transients, something like:

"Decorate transients like normal windows, don't use transient-decoration.
Useful if your theme does not decorate them at all, or you if you don't
want transients to be treated special."

Besides I'm currently reviving more defcustoms. menus-include-shortcuts is
the next one. (another victim of GNOME2 - just as viewports & co).

Regards