Re: [Sawfish] make decorate-transients as defcustom not work

On Thu, 06 Sep 2012 07:35:06 +0200
wrote Christopher Roy Bratusek <nano@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>>>Forget it. StyleTab will never support "decorate-transients". Search
>>>for "transients" in theme.jl and you will see why. And
>>>"decorate-transients" is illogical. If window transient then use
>>>frametyp transient etc.
>>>

>> Correction: Search for "transient" and not Search for "transients"
>
>It doesn't have to. As I said StyleTab already has the option to
>customize
>stuff for transients. `decorate-transients' is not illogical in all
>cases.
>
>There are many themes from the time `decorate-transients' was still in
>use
>and therefore recognize it, aswell as several themes that don't
>decorate
>transients at all - then this option gives users atleast the decoration
>for
>normal windows on transients rather than none.
>
>And then there are themes that do handle transients, but not
>customizable as
>StyleTab - a user might then want transients to have the same border
>than
>normal windows.
>
>So yes, it's of no use for StyleTab, but for other themes or usecases.
>
>Regards,
>Chris

Yes i understand this but it shouldn't set in transient.jl
`decorate-transients'  is a "defcustom" for a theme in themes.jl (for
me). We use "window-get win 'type) 'transient" or "window-transient-p"
in sawfish but with `decorate-transients' the frame-type from
transients windows is not transients it is default, and that is not
logical (for me). I have no problem with `decorate-transients' in
transient.jl but we got frame errors in tab-themes.

--
Regards,
Fuchur

GPG Fingerprint: CA3B 8204 5B3E 6D48 6D53  C116 E5BC 70D5 B8D7 B2B0