|Re: [Sawfish] installing sawfish in xubuntu|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/sawfish Archives
- To: sawfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [Sawfish] installing sawfish in xubuntu
- From: greg heil <emanuensis@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 17:39:55 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:sender:in-reply-to:references:from:date :x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:to:content-type; bh=PHlFtzzPIKYcJ3i14QTtjtRb3lnCff2ha2WGuGlpk1Y=; b=Q5j5UI3JU4HGiRs/15iMQml0iW2xzW5421l7udElWQoSG36Zdxvr1BBp57sbrv8aDW RQy1lhkSv7whvxbCSIdIJ3r08V0qfQK2nuSYwCWJb9Hk+NGq6CeR8fw0wAA3dfhuw8uW wweBFrSprjc2y3G78QK0AnkADD7l9/VR0n+CAoGc98hCVLhEeQEHqLLETIqj3MQ5jTUy oFgOv2PYsU4WZZhms/Gw62o/kfITWW9eUGWjGGyyejCjutuc2xQUxBIC1k6houVhzGl2 fgqGAidtHPj70D2wV8PvAWIFYAQKskzNEfebboYmguQIN8BnBjfbxVM/edrGXr8VT4Ye 6Q/g==
Synaptic failed to install Sawfish saying:
"Could not apply changes! Fix broken packages firs."
Perhaps it is because when i updated the package list a dialog said:
GPG error: http://apt.nanolx.org photonic InRelease: The following
signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not
available: NO_PUBKEY 4B9D3375057549E2Failed to fetch
Internal Server Error
Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old
ones used instead.
BTW the Starfish-pager is not marked as coming from nano...
from: Christopher Roy Bratusek nano@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
date: 22 August 2012 01:52
subject: Re: [Sawfish] installing sawfish in xubuntu
> The "software Center" did install
> rep-gtk 1:0.90.0-2build1
> librep9 0.90.2-1.3
> sawfish 1:1.5.3-2build1
ancient versions. neither defvar-setq nor edge-actions are included
(that's required for the snipped you told us you tried out).
You should either manually install recent versions, or try using them
from my repo (first uninstall Ubuntu stuff, it's not just ancient
versions, but also ancient packaging, new ones likely conflict with
those old ones):
deb http://apt.nanolx.org/ photonic main
deb-src http://apt.nanolx.org/ photonic main
public key can be retrieved from key-servers.
/notetomyself: need to update sawfish-pager package...