[Sawfish] Suggestions for Gnome Replacement

So, from all the reports I'm seeing Gnome 3 is really not going to work for
me. It's designed to replicate a tablet/phone interface and I'm running a
mouse/laptop interface. Plus, I like my sawfish WM and as we've discussed
before there doesn't seem to be any way to put one's own WM into Gnome 3. I
run Fedora and am currently on 13, but that's pretty close (or at) the end of
its support life and I'm getting a new machine soon, so even putting Fedora
14 on it would just delay things a little bit. So, before I start se4tting up
my new machine I'd like to decide on a Desktop that I can put in from the
start and configure to work with Sawfish. Any recommendations for what would
be a good one? Does Sawfish work under KDE 4.7? Some people on the Register
comments on Linus' trash-talking Gnome 3 have said that while KDE 4.0 was
terrible, the more recent versions of 4 are much better. Other
recommendations I've seen on there include LXDE and Xfce. Not sure I want to
go that minimal, since there seem to be some issues with things like sound
compatibility.

I hope people don't feel this is off-topic but with Gnome 2 effectively
becoming obsolete, if sawfish is going to continue to be useful to people
we'll need recommendations for usable maintained desktops on which sawfish
can be run.

--
Professor Andrew A Adams                      aaa@xxxxxxxxxxx
Professor at Graduate School of Business Administration,  and

---