Re: [Sawfish] alt-button-1 not passed through to application

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 09:44:34PM +0300, Timo Korvola wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 August 2011 17:45:38 Herbert Poetzl wrote:
>> so, IMHO the events should work like this:

>> Alt			-> Alt down passed to app
>> Alt-Button1		-> Button1 passed to app
>> Alt-Button1-Move	-> nothing passed, sawfish handles that
>> Alt (Button Released)	-> Button1 released passed to app
>> (Alt Released)		-> Alt released passed to app

> X does not work like that. A button press, its release and all
> pointer events in between are normally dispatched to the same
> client, the one that has selected button presses.

not sure what you are trying to tell me here, fact is,
other window managers (like metacity for example) get
this 'right' (as I see it) by handling Alt-Button1-Move
correctly while leaving Alt-Button1 down/up events
untouched (i.e. passing them through to the application)

Once again, I do not want sawfish to pass events through,
I've assigned to some sawfish action, without using a
special 'pass through' action variant, but those not
assinged to sawfish should IMHO be passed through,
regardless how X does or does not work :)

best,
Herbert

> --
> 	Timo Korvola		<URL:http://www.iki.fi/tkorvola>