Re: [Sawfish] alt-button-1 not passed through to application

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 05:49:46PM +0900, Teika Kazura wrote:
> Oops, I'm sorry for my last reply which misunderstood your issue.

> First the theory: In general, when an input event is "consumed",
> then it's not propagated any more, so in this case, not sent to the
> underlying window. If metacity always sends events, it's a bug,
> too, in the opposite direction.

I agree, but isn't the event defined as Alt-Button1-Move?
as I said before, I'm totally fine that you cannot use
Alt-Button-Move events inside a window, because those are
handled by the window manager, but IMHO Alt-Button1 isn't
Alt-Button-Move (because I still can decide to release
the button without moving, no?)

so, IMHO the events should work like this:

Alt			-> Alt down passed to app
Alt-Button1		-> Button1 passed to app
Alt-Button1-Move	-> nothing passed, sawfish handles that
Alt (Button Released)	-> Button1 released passed to app
(Alt Released)		-> Alt released passed to app

of course, if I define Alt-Button1 to have some meaning
for sawfish, the only event the app will see by default
is the Alt down/up

> Sorry that it's not configurable in Sawfish, but there's a better
> workaround; put the following in your ~/.sawfish/rc:
> (define (move-win-int-send w)
>   (require 'move-resize)
>   (move-window-interactively w)
>   (synthesize-event "Alt-Button1-Click" w))

this kind of flexibility is why I'm using sawfish :)

> (define-command 'move-win-int-send move-win-int-send
>   #:spec "%W")
> (bind-keys window-keymap "Alt-Button1-Move" 'move-win-int-send)
> Then Alt-Button1-click and release are always sent to the client.

thanks for the quick reply,
Herbert

> Teika (Teika kazura)

> ---