Re: [Sawfish] possible infinite recursion?

On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 07:32:14AM +0900, Teika Kazura wrote:
> Hi, Herbert Poetzl, welcome back to Sawfish!

> On Fri, 5 Aug 2011 19:57:36 +0200, Herbert Poetzl wrote:
>> a second test run with --interp gave the somewhat
>> more informative trace which can be found here:

>> http://vserver.13thfloor.at/Stuff/sawfish-1.8.1.trace

> Sorry, forget it. The max recursion depth is too narrow, and
> with --interp, tail recursions (ignore it if you don't know it)
> are not done, and the recurrsion gets far deeper. So f-spot is
> not the culprit.

> Please save the attached file at
> ~/.sawfish/lisp/sawfish/wm/ext/apps-menu.jl, change dir there,
> run:
>  sawfish --batch -l compiler -f compile-batch apps-menu.jl
> and restart sawfish again. It'll print the names of *.desktop
> it's processing. Please send us the last *.desktop.

sorry for the delay, but I'm not a home atm, here is the
output after the suggested change (the last few lines):

Processing: /usr/share/applications/system-config-printer.desktop
Processing: /usr/share/applications/xlockmore.desktop

Lisp backtrace:
#12  string-match ...
#11  string-split ...
#10  associate-categories ...
#9   fdo-menu-entry ...
#8   generate-apps-menu ...
#7   update-apps-menu ...
#6   run-byte-code ...
#4   make-structure (() #<closure 26c4a60 @ user> #<closure 26c4a38 @ user> user)
#2   load ...
#1   run-byte-code ...

error--> (bad-arg #<subr string-match> () 2)

find attached the xlockmore.desktop file for further analysis

thanks in advance,
Herbert

> (If you're done, delete the files in that directory.)

>> the problem went away when I created a ~/.sawfish/rc
>> probably because the app menu building code wasn't
>> executed anymore (tx oGMo)

> Hmm. It's not directly related the true problem, but something other
> is wrong, too. The apps-menu is created unless you do
> (setq apps-menu-autogen nil).

> Regards,
> Teika (Teika kazura) - A retired dev of Sawfish.

[Desktop Entry]
Name=Xlock
Comment=X11 screen saver
Icon=gnome-lockscreen.png